Hello Free Spirits,
One of the best things about my job is that most of the time i get to stay at different hotels. Most of these hotels are about a 7 out of 10 but the hotel this time was a 9 out of 10. The name itself Quebec Plaza hotel exudes elegance and reminds one of the luxury at the plaza hotel in NYC. But instead of paying $500+ a night the average cost for a night stay at this hotel was less than double. The whole group was very happy about staying at this hotel here is why:
First things first: A grand entrance!
As you walk in you get greeted by the great customer service staff, who all have a big smile on their face. This hotel offers great customer service staff which are knowledgable, very helpful and calm under pressure. I had a lot of questions for them and they were able to accommodate my group when I requested more rooms and information. Because believe me tour groups are the most demanding customers staying at hotels, there were times were we booked almost the whole hotel.
I was impressed with the hotels tastefully decorated interior: Here are some photos from around the hotel…
And onto the next pleasant surprise the Room Interior. Which was Amazing! The rooms were very spacious and versatile.
Staying in this room was like an adventure, there were hidden surprises everywhere. Hiding behind walls and desks. Do you notice all that floor space in front of the couch?
And you see that piece of art work right above it? I was curious and took a look at the art work, and guess what I discovered? There was a second queen bed hiding in the wall behind that art work!
After that fun surprise I was feeling very inspirational and decided to sit down at the desk and write this blog post. And that was when I discovered that the desk also expanded! I was able to pull out the desk and turn my room into an office space! I was so impressed that I took a photo of it and put it on Instagram.
After reading some emails and working on the blog post I relaxed on the bed and even though i don’t watch television I decided to watch some stupid MTV show because I mean who wouldn’t want to sit in front of this view?
The fireplace was burning nicely, while the television was playing. Perfect way to relax after a long day touring around Quebec City.
I got bored of the show and decided it was time to take a shower. So off to the bathroom I went. Although I wont post any shower selfies 😉 I will share with you my impressions about the bathroom. I thought the bathroom was clean, modern and spacious.
There was a sliding shower door and a handheld shower head which was very convenient because there is nothing worse than having sticky feet and not being able to properly clean them.
The rest of the day I spent exploring the historic Quebec city which is a 15 minute drive or a 30 minute public bus ride away. I got back to the hotel around 11pm and I woke up from a great sleep. I slept very comfortably as I adjusted the room temperature on the thermostat the day before. I also completely closed the blinds which blocked out all the outside light, I dislike light pollution because it disrupts your circadian rhythms.
Overall I had a great experience staying at this hotel and I will definitely be back again with my boyfriend or family.
I have included a more detailed review and photos about the amenities which you can read below:
- Cafe on main floor filled with the basics like coffee, tea, smoothies, lattes, juice, water and loads of snacks. There was also a restaurant located right across the front desk. From what I remember the hotel staff told me is that there is a buffet breakfast option available for about $15 per person.
- They have lots of event and dining rooms which are equipped for business meetings and or weddings or parties. During my stay people were walking around in their cultural dresses and from what it appeared to be they were celebrating a wedding.
- This was my favourite amenity! Their pool and hot tub area was absolutely amazing! A replica of a beach resort in the dominican. And the best part was that it was all indoors so you can enjoy this beauty year round. Here are some photos:
Aren’t they great? I think so! When I first saw this it blew my mind. There were some units overlooking the pool/beach area and there was a cafe patio also overlooking the pool area. In this way every one at the hotel was able to enjoy the pool without physically swimming. Although who wouldn’t want to swim in there it looked like a lot of fun and they had a hot tub so hello bathing suit you are getting wet!!
Overall Impressions about the Hotel:
- Location: 8/10 It was right by the highway and a 15 minute drive to Old Quebec City. A 30 minute public bus ride.
- Rooms: 9/10
- Value for money: 9/10
- Breakfast Included at hotel: No
- Free Wifi: Yes
- Pool: Yes
- Hot tub: Yes
- Customer Service: 9/10
- Restaurants around hotel: Limited options, although there are a few fast food chains around such as Subway, McDonalds, Convience store, and St.Hubert.
- Overall Impression: 8.5/10
Scale: 1 being very bad, 5 being good, 10 being excellent
I hope you enjoyed this hotel review thanks for joining me on my adventures 🙂 If you haven’t subscribed yet then you can do so by scrolling down.
Have a great day!
Lots of Love, Nicole