Hello Free Spirits,
This is Nicole reporting from her boyfriends house! As I am waiting for my pizza to arrive I am reminiscing yesterdays Kensington Market trip! I have been there so many times, so I decided to write about this magical place in hopes that you will one day visit it on your day off or during your visit to Toronto!
I remember the first time I came down here was when I was giving my students a tour of the University of Toronto area and somehow I lead the tour towards Kensington. It was FATE! I had other plans for exploring China town but the students fell in love with this accidental place we got lost at and I decided to give them plenty of free time here! Best decision ever! And the best tour guide award goes to Nicole!!!! haha
There are so many reasons why I love this place one of them being that there are many funky specialty stores around here which appeal to hippies and hipsters alike. The streets are lined with many organic food grocery stores, vegetarian and vegan restaurants, vintage shops and specialty stores selling unique items like energy crystals, clothes made out of hemp and great vintage fashion. Basically the centre of my Universe!
You can also find some of Toronto’s best graffiti art here!
There is also a hidden laneway(located along Kensington Avenue before a Organic grocery store) with a old truck completely covered with Graffiti art!
Nicole? Where can I find this magical Universe!?
A long time ago Kensington used to be located closer to where the Royal Ontario Museum is, around the Bay and Bloor Area where Yorkville is located. But it is currently located between these streets.
Nicole? What is the Best way to get there?
- Take the 510 Streetcar from Spadina Station! And get off at Nassau Street
- Use a Uber and for a free ride up to $25 use code: nicolen1442ue
- Walk from wherever you are and enjoy life
Fun Fact about Kensington!
- In November 2006, it was designated a National Historic Site of Canada. Thats right it is so cool that they want to keep it that way forever! Way to go Toronto!!! I love you
Nicole! What do you do when you visit this magical universe?
- I love going to the Fika Cafe for their breakfast sandwiches and to float on their hammock outside.
- I drink some fresh fruit juice and chat with cool local people at the Tibet Cafe
- I satisfy my coconut addiction at Jimmy’s Coffee by ordering a coconut milk chai latte!
- I check out my crystal friends at the House of Energy
- I eat the best Mexican food somewhere along Augusta Avenue
- I fulfill my Pizza craving with some pizza flavoured popcorn at Toronto Popcorn Company
To find out more information(address and my opinions) about these wonderful places Check out my Kensington, Toronto Day Trip! Blog Post
I hope you enjoy your trip to Kensington Market, Subscribe and follow us on social media for more travel adventures!
Enjoy your travels my Free Spirits
Love, Nicole <3